2020 was a whirlwind year that showed us that society can come together when absolutely needed. To all the essential workers -- we sincerely owe you for ensuring that the our way of life carried on despite the current circumstances.
Happy New Year!
We decided to reflect on the moments that stood out to us from the last 12 months.
To learn more about each moment, follow us on Instagram.
1. The Best NY Shirt contest that we hosted with New York Nico celebrated the work of talented creatives and raised $62,000 for God’s Love We Deliver and The Campaign Against Hunger.
2. Clear as it is that we are nowhere near where we need to be, it is equally clear that history will remember 2020’s protests as profound acts of good trouble. To raise energy and resources we worked with Mike Nicholas on this collection of Unsung Heroes t-shirts. All profits went to Color of Change.
3. After seeing the incredible physical, mental, spiritual toll of COVID-19 on the healthcare workers at Elmhurst Hospital - to whom we owe more than we can ever say, we partnered with On Running and Queens-based running collective World’s Fair Run Crew to donate 900 pairs of shoes to the essential workers at Elmhurst Hospital.
4. As part of On Running’s initiative to highlight local running groups, world-class athlete David Kilgore joined with Queens-based running collective World’s Fair Run Crew to host a 5k from our Flushing location.
5. With unprecedented grassroots movements registering and motivating people to vote, we saw record-setting voter turnout in the 2020 elections. We tried, in our small way, to provide useful information to people local to our Flushing, Flatbush, and Crown Heights locations.
6. We teamed up with PUMA for their launch of the Calibrate Restored with a contest showcasing the style of young creatives.
7. Our 2020 Lunar New Year capsule drew from traditional Chinese beliefs with messages of health, prosperity, luck, and wealth. All proceeds from the capsule went to the Chinese-American Planning Council.
8. We set up shop at ComplexLand 2020 - an open-world virtual shopping destination and showed off brands from Seoul to Paris, Tokyo to Milan. We also dropped our own line of fitteds, t-shirts, sweatshirts and sweatpants.
9. For our Fall/Winter 2020 launch, we were blessed to work with incredible models shooting amazing pieces from some of the most coveted brands worldwide.
10. Just as no neighborhood of any borough could be justly typified by one person, we have shared a variety of our favorite films about New York, each speaking its own truth and showing love to our city.
11. We started our Alumni of NY interview series to show love to local politicians, business owners, artists, and community leaders - people whose work and passion cultivates a better future for the next generation.